- What Is an Acronym? Definition and ExamplesWe use abbreviations every day—in writing, texting, note-taking, and talking. There are a few different categories of...December 1, 2022
- Imagery in Writing: Examples of Imagery as a Literary DeviceHave you ever read a passage about a sumptuous feast that made your mouth water, or felt your skin tingle while reading about the...November 28, 2022
- What Does “Bcc” in an Email Mean?“Bcc” is a way to send people a copy of an email while keeping their email addresses hidden from the rest of the recipients....November 25, 2022
- The Appeal to Hypocrisy Fallacy, ExplainedWouldn’t it be great if the next time you turn in an assignment a day late, your professor thought back to their own days as a...November 23, 2022
- 20 Types of Figures of Speech, with Definitions and ExamplesWriting is a craft. If you think of yourself as a craftsperson, then words are your raw materials, and figures of speech are one...November 21, 2022
Writing, grammar, and communication tips for your inbox.