- How Many Spaces Go After a Period, One or Two?When it comes to formal writing, there are so many rules for punctuation and formatting that it’s hard to remember all of them....January 5, 2023
- Its vs. It’s: Learn the DifferenceHave you ever mixed up its and it’s and then realized you don’t actually know for certain when the apostrophe is needed and when...November 10, 2022
- A Lot vs. Alot vs. AllotThe English language is teeming with idiosyncrasies that can cause confusion, including differentiating between a lot, alot, and...October 10, 2022
- There vs. Their vs. They’re: What’s the Difference?Cite and sight. Flower and flour. Hole and whole. When spoken aloud, these pairs of words sound exactly alike, but they are in...September 22, 2022
- Moot Point: Definition and ExamplesHave you ever been in the middle of a heated discussion and needed a strong way to end the argument while making your point...September 2, 2022
Writing, grammar, and communication tips for your inbox.