- Single vs. Double Quotation MarksIn American English, we use double quotation marks ( “ ” ) in most situations and single quotation marks ( ‘ ’ ) only for quotes...January 17, 2023
- Where vs. In Which vs. WhereinWhere and wherein may look and sound similar, but in reality they have different meanings. In fact, wherein can be another way of...January 12, 2023
- How Many Spaces Go After a Period, One or Two?When it comes to formal writing, there are so many rules for punctuation and formatting that it’s hard to remember all of them....January 5, 2023
- When to Use Quotation Marks for TitlesDo you know when to use quotation marks for titles? Knowing whether to use italics or quotation marks for titles is one of the...December 29, 2022
- Verb Tenses Explained, With ExamplesVerb tenses are changes or additions to verbs to show when the action took place: in the past, present, or future. The phrase...December 27, 2022
Writing, grammar, and communication tips for your inbox.