Marketing ∙ San Francisco – Remote
Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Starting in 2022, teams will meet in person a few weeks every quarter in one of Grammarly's hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of a hub. Read more about our remote-first hybrid model.
Grammarly team members who will be collaborating at our San Francisco hub must be based in the United States.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for an SEO Manager to join our Acquisition Marketing team. This person will develop and own both onsite and offsite SEO strategies. They will execute and lead SEO projects on core landing pages and will support other teams in SEO optimization where relevant.
As SEO Manager, you will be the voice of SEO at Grammarly, ensuring its consideration in the many areas of work that impact organic search. You will be responsible for growing new user acquisition by driving relevant organic search traffic to Grammarly’s web properties—including both traditional SEO and ASO for our landing pages on desktop browser application stores.
In this role, you will:
- Develop an SEO strategy to grow organic search traffic and conversions that align with larger company goals and priorities; execute against that roadmap; and track performance.
- Grow and refine Grammarly’s topical keyword strategy.
- Develop and own processes to ensure ongoing SEO site health and maintenance.
- Contribute SEO expertise to the overall website strategy and collaborate with teammates to build new landing pages that drive relevant traffic by meeting search intent.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to implement SEO-friendly technical changes (e.g., Web Vitals).
- Collaborate with the Content Strategy team to develop and optimize content for search.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and communicate important information or changes to key stakeholders.
- Perform audits, research, and competitive analysis as necessary.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has a well-rounded background in SEO, including on-page, off-site, and technical SEO.
- Is creative and resourceful, with a track record of innovating and trying out-of-the-box methods to achieve a goal, even with limited resources.
- Thinks strategically and understands how SEO impacts overall website, marketing, and business strategies.
- Can work both autonomously and collaboratively, depending on the project.
- Builds strong, positive working relationships across departments and functions, with an ability to create buy-in and have conversations on technical aspects with an engineer, business outcomes with a product marketer, and editorial SEO requirements with the Content Strategy team.
- Utilizes data (both quantitative and qualitative) to understand patterns, make decisions, and identify opportunities.
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of both B2C and B2B SEO.
- Experience with SEO A/B testing.
- Experience working on a high-traffic website.
- Understanding of international domains and multiple languages.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.