- Advisor vs. AdviserAdviser is a person who gives advice. An advisor does the same thing—the only difference is in the spelling. Adviser is the older...May 16, 2019
- “Assure” vs. “Ensure” vs. “Insure”: What’s the Difference?To assure someone is to remove someone’s doubts. To ensure something is to make sure it happens—to guarantee it. To insure...January 5, 2017
- Strikethrough and Why It’s So PopularA very long time before any of us was born, there were no computers, typewriters, or printing presses. Books were written by...January 2, 2017
- What Does “Meta” Mean?Meta is a word which, like so many other things, we have the ancient Greeks to thank for. When they used it, meta meant “beyond,”...January 1, 2017
- “Historic” vs. “Historical”—Which Should I Use?Historic describes something momentous or important in history. Historical simply describes something that belongs to an earlier...December 31, 2016
Writing, grammar, and communication tips for your inbox.