- Was vs. Were?Chances are, you’re familiar with one difference between was and were: that was is the first and third-person singular past tense...December 16, 2020
- Transitive and Intransitive Verbs — What’s the Difference?A verb can be described as transitive or intransitive based on whether it requires an object to express a complete thought or...December 16, 2020
- What Is a Sentence Fragment?No one escapes high school English without being penalized for writing the odd sentence fragment, but not everyone remembers what...October 4, 2017
- Irregular Plural Nouns—Learn Patterns to Help You Remember the Tricky OnesIrregular plural nouns are nouns that do not become plural by adding -s or -es, as most nouns in the English language do....June 29, 2017
- Apart or A Part? Learn Their Meanings and Their Correct UseA part and apart are often confused, especially by non-native speakers of English. Apart is mostly used as an adverb, denoting a...June 29, 2017
Writing, grammar, and communication tips for your inbox.