- A Grammar Lesson: Direct and Indirect ObjectsAn object is the part of a sentence that gives meaning to the subject’s action of the verb. For example: Alice caught the...May 22, 2019
- Correcting People’s Grammar: Just Don’t Do ItAs grammar nerds, we care a lot about correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. If you’re a grammar lover, maybe you’ve found...June 7, 2015
- Say What?! Meet the InterrobangFew punctuation marks have as exciting a name as the interrobang. But what does the interrobang do? The interrobang combines the...May 27, 2015
- Pear, Pair, and ParePair definition A pair is two of something, usually that are similar or go together. For example: Pear definition A pear is a...May 5, 2015
- Confusing Words: Versus vs. VersesVersus definition Versus means against (especially in sports and legal use), as opposed to, in contrast to and is often...April 27, 2015
Writing, grammar, and communication tips for your inbox.