Enough hype—when it comes to generative AI, let’s talk results. In our recent webinar “Now Generally Available: Enterprise-Grade Gen AI That Drives Work Forward,” Grammarly’s own Zachary Johnson, Senior Product Marketing Manager, and Spencer Herrick, Senior Product Manager, shared how our generative AI fuels efficient work, the beta user’s experiences, and the updates we made using their feedback.
Time Saved Is Money Made
When workers become more efficient, they have more time to focus on high-value tasks. In turn, companies experience savings, some to the tune of millions. Currently, workers have to spend more time communicating when writing for work, up 18% over last year, but the effectiveness of that writing is down 12%. That costs productivity, work quality, and even revenue. Improving communication at work is a key way to transform performance org-wide. Businesses using Grammarly report that it saves them an average of 19 working days per employee per year—that’s more than $5,000 each. For a company of 1,000 employees, that’s over $5.1 million in annual savings and over 17x return on investment. What could your organization achieve with nearly four extra weeks every year?
It’s not all just about productivity. For companies with Grammarly Business, customer experience and content quality saw drastic improvements as well:
- 25% reduction in time to resolution for customer support teams
- 71% improvement in brand voice compliance while cutting email writing time in half for sales teams
- 60% increase in editing efficiency across marketing teams
In addition, IT departments reported an average of just one day spent on implementation. No wonder 96% of the Fortune 500 have employees using Grammarly.
From Beta to Better
With innovative technology like generative AI, it’s important to be mindful of key features and benefits like data security, the ability to integrate with existing tools, and tangible returns on investment. Some products that pop up during the hype phase rely more on excitement than on actual capability, leading to subpar experiences for users.
That’s not how we do things. With more than fourteen years of experience in AI, we know that secure, high-quality AI assistance can transform work. Following a successful beta release of our generative AI, we listened to user feedback to hone existing features and expand capabilities to provide a more authentic, customizable experience. Here are just a few of the improvements we made:
- Enterprise-scale AI – As generative AI is more widely adopteds, its applications will continue to diversify. Offering unlimited AI usage for enterprise customers and 2,000 monthly prompts for teams, we’re staying a few steps ahead so you can focus on the task at hand.
- Edit Explanation – We believe generative AI should augment employees’ skills, not replace them. To achieve this, we’ve made the “Improve It” button more effective in its output and added an explanation describing how the selected text was enhanced.
- Prompt history and context – With a detailed prompt history, users can pick up where they left off, while improved user-context integration helps them generate more relevant content.
Though these upgrades are exciting on their own, Spencer revealed in the webinar that more developments are on the horizon.
New Features and the Future: Knowledge Share and Voice
Having the information you need at your fingertips makes doing work less work. With the Knowledge Share feature, now generally available to Grammarly Business users, teams can see definitions and key resources when hovering over terms specific to their organization. The days of surfing through tabs and documents to get the answers you need are gone.
In addition to instant information access, Grammarly Business users will have access to personal voice profiles by year’s end, making generative outputs more authentic and human. These profiles will describe the unique elements of each user’s writing style and let them rewrite text in their voice with a single click.
The best time to integrate AI was before your competition—the next best time is now. Learn how our generative AI supports over 70,000 teams across more than 500,000 apps and websites to improve productivity and content quality, and discover what it can do for you.