The explanation of process is commonly found in business and scientific texts. Process leaves little room for creativity and development: one begins with Step A, continues to Step B and Step C, etc.
- The study was conducted on 56 students (28 women and 28 men between the ages of 18 and 24).
- Two writing samples of 500 words each were taken from each student.
- The students read five of Jane Austen’s works, consecutively.
- After reading the texts, two new writing samples of 500 words each were taken from each student.
- The four writing samples from each student were analyzed for sentences structure, vocabulary use, punctuation use, and creativity.
- Previous article Comparison and Contrast