These idioms about animals are the cat’s meow. Here’s a short list of animal-related idioms and what they mean:
- Curiosity Killed the Cat: asking a lot of questions can get you into trouble.
- Cry Wolf: give a cry for help or alarm when there is no danger.
- Beat a Dead Horse: talk about an idea or issue over and over again.
- Sick As a Dog: incredibly sick.
- For the Birds: something that is not worth one’s time; unimportant.
- Smell a rat: suspect inauthenticity or deliberate trickery.
If you want to learn more about idioms, read this post explaining idioms about money.