Double letters can cause double trouble when it comes to spelling. Here are 5 commonly misspelled words that contain double letters:
1. Accommodate Don’t let the double C and double M confuse you! This word can accommodate two of each letter.
2. Possession This word packed with the letter S. Start off with the word ‘possess’ instead of the word ‘poses’ and you’ll be on your way to spelling it correctly.
3. Embarrass Here’s another word with two sets of double letters. Don’t embarrass either double set by leaving them out.
4. Committed To remember the correct spelling of committed, think about committing to both the double M and double T.
5. Misspell Ironically, people often misspell the word misspell. It’s another double double, so don’t forget!