rules for the spelling of compound words?


Are there any rules for the spelling of compound words that we frequently use together such as

"all right" or "rubberband" or "rubber-plant"?  They can be spelled the three different ways I 

demonstrated, so I wondered if there is a rule I can apply to these words, or if I just have to

memorize the spelling of each one. Does anyone know?  Thank you for answers!

asked Jan 31 '14 at 02:54 char clough New member

0 answers

Your answer

Write at least 20 characters

Have a question about English grammar, style or vocabulary use? Ask now to get help from Grammarly experts for FREE.