I have a question about the word Immigration


So I was asking my mom about how it was to move countries from Europe to the US and she showed me this card from the 1960s with her picture and some information so she could be here temporary as a resident.  I am looking at it and I see “Emigration Status”.  What is that!! Funny that I can’t do grammar good, but I spell pretty good, so I know it is IMMIGRATION, not Emigration, so is there a typo or did they used to spell it like that or does it mean something else? Oh, or maybe it’s a foreign word,..but the rest of the stuff is in English. 

0 answers

Your answer

Write at least 20 characters

Have a question about English grammar, style or vocabulary use? Ask now to get help from Grammarly experts for FREE.