is or are


What's proper, that's where he and herb are, or that's where he and herb is

asked Jul 28 '13 at 20:37 wayne Tyrone New member

1 answer


I agree with Lewis.  If you are uncertain, just replace the compound subject with a pronoun.  In this case, 'he and Herb' will be replaced by 'they', and once you get this right, it is easy to agree it with 'are'.

link comment answered Jul 29 '13 at 06:43 Ahmad Barnard Expert

Your answer

Write at least 20 characters

Have a question about English grammar, style or vocabulary use? Ask now to get help from Grammarly experts for FREE.