to go to school/to be a student


If I attend a school can I say:


- I'm a student at Franklin High School / at the Franklin High School

- I go to Franklin High School / to the Franklin High School


How about the use of the definite article?

asked Sep 19 '11 at 14:54 Claudia Bissolati New member

1 answer


Names of institutions don´t usually use THE when the first word is the name of a person.

link comment answered Sep 19 '11 at 23:06 Lauro Silva New member

Your answer

Write at least 20 characters

Have a question about English grammar, style or vocabulary use? Ask now to get help from Grammarly experts for FREE.