grammar help


I am not quite sure what a squinted modifer is and how I can fix it.


See example:

My goal is to use all the material presented in this course to become this teacher.
asked Mar 10 '13 at 10:45 clare mc flynn goewey New member

1 answer


A squinting modifier is a misplaced modifier, meaning it could modify the preceding or following word. "Presented" in this case is confusing because it could either mean "presented material" or "'material that was presented to me in this course."And I agree. I think you mean "a teacher" or "the teacher."

link comment answered Mar 15 '13 at 01:43 Natalie New member

Your answer

Write at least 20 characters

Have a question about English grammar, style or vocabulary use? Ask now to get help from Grammarly experts for FREE.