The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
—Arthur C. Clarke
We are looking for a passionate and skilled applied researcher with expertise in Natural Language Processing, who would be excited to work on developing the best English text perfection technology in the world. We’d like to find someone capable of leading the most challenging research projects at Grammarly and taking automated text correction beyond state of the art and into the realm of magic.
Meet your future colleague
Jordi Carrera VenturaNatural Language Processing Engineer at Grammarly, Co-Founder at Sumplify
Computational linguist and self-made public speaker. Strong background in both statistical and knowledge-based natural language processing. Expertise in data-driven approaches, precise experimental designs and daunting methodological controls. Passionate about best practices, standardization and abstraction. Effective problem-solver both with algorithms and people. Good command of defensive scheduling, conflict resolution, discourse analysis and Rogerian argumentation. Serious motivator, fast bike rider.
As a research lead you will:
- define the strategy and direction of research to reach Grammarly’s mission of improving communication among the world’s 2+ billion English writers in the most efficient way;
- oversee and facilitate all NLP-related research activities within the team;
- perform research and prototyping for some of the most critical components of the system;
- blend the best of the new developments in this field with our in-house technologies.
You will get to work with amazing engineers, linguists, and business minds from all over the world and experience the magic of working within a small team that pays attention to your ideas and contributions. In turn, we expect you to learn continuously, strive for perfection and optimum performance, and be generous with your time and expertise.
- A life passion for language, science, and technology;
- PhD in Computational Linguistics or Computer Science;
- proven track record of research in relevant domains;
- successful experience leading research groups or R&D teams;
- solid programming skills, preferably with Java or Python;
- practical experience with Machine Learning;
- fluent or native level of English.
hands-on experience with syntax/dependency parsing, spelling correction, word sense disambiguation, or similar NLP applications.
Goodies we provide:
- A meritocracy that rewards exceptional achievements
- Creative freedom and room for professional growth
- Competitive compensation, plus benefits
If you are interested, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.