Do you read research papers about kernel methods for fun? Are you dreaming about gradient descent when you sleep?
We are looking for outstanding Machine Learning developers willing to apply their expertise to Natural Language Processing and help us build the world’s best automated English proofreader. At Grammarly, we continuously collect tons of valuable data about language usage and errors. As a Senior ML Developer you will focus on making our algorithms gain as much as possible from this data.
Meet your future colleague
Stas KravetsSoftware developer
I used to work with many IT companies from hamster- to dinosaur-scale in junior to senior management positions, and I must admit that Grammarly is definitely an outstanding job. I work on the Grammarly core component—spellchecker and I do enjoy adding my contribution to the best-in-class product. There are a lot of places in the Grammarly product family where you can participate to differentiate your experience or just take some time off and have fun.
Additionally, you will:
- solve the most challenging machine learning problems across our system and help your peers with easier
ML-relatedtasks as an expert;
- dig through mountains of existing data, find opportunities to collect even more of it, and improve its quality;
- research, prototype and implement novel ways to use this data to improve the accuracy of Grammarly’s language core;
- crunch linguistic corpora at web scale;
- brainstorm with us on ways to make Grammarly smarter;
- explore new approaches and technologies at the forefront of modern machine learning and natural language processing to apply them to our challenges;
- have the luxury to work with world-class scientific advisors and learn from them.
You will get to work with amazing engineers, linguists and business minds from all over the world and experience the magic of direct access within a small team that pays attention to your ideas and contributions. In turn, we expect you to continuously learn, strive for perfection and optimum performance, and be generous with your time and expertise.
- a life passion for machine learning
- PhD or MSc in Computer Science or related fields
- 3+ years of large-scale machine learning experience with noisy, real-world data
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience
- machine learning related publications and/or open-source projects
- interest in Natural Language Processing and English language
- fluency in programming, preferably Python/Java/Lisp
- use of Unix as the main development platform
- great written and spoken English
The following are desirable:
- experience in NLP or related fields;
- experience with processing large data sets using Hadoop;
- contribution or at least extensive experience with popular machine learning frameworks (Mahout, Weka, ScikitLearn, etc.).
Goodies we provide:
- work in a unique product company (no outsourcing!) with exceptional people;
- flexible scheduling;
- paid attendance of conferences and seminars;
- tasty, free lunches;
- great office space in the city center;
- competitive salary.
We love people who are open, honest, kind, cheerful and have a decent sense of humor.
If you are interested, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.