We are looking for a creative and data-driven Head of Email Marketing who wants to make a major impact at a rapidly growing company. You will own and manage the entire email marketing function, which encompasses transactional, promotional, and informational campaigns. Your role will entail idea conception, planning, execution, project management, analysis as well as performance assessment, reporting, and rapid iteration based on test data. The Head of Email Marketing will work closely with the rest of the marketing team, plus engineers, designers and executives to create highly effective campaigns.
Meet your future colleague
Yuriy TimenDirector of Online Marketing
As the Director of Online Marketing, I oversee Grammarly’s Internet marketing initiatives. From SEO to SEM, Affiliate Marketing and Conversion Optimization, it all falls within my domain. I’m passionate about the product we’ve built and are constantly improving, as well as the team and their devotion.
I’ve been in the online marketing space for roughly 4 years and can genuinely say that, in this ever-evolving industry, you learn something new on a daily basis. Prior to that, I spent 2 years in Finance — getting out of the suits-and-ties environment was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
When I’m not working on something related to online marketing, you can find me ballroom dancing, rock climbing, training in mixed martial arts, or cooking for friends and family.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Owning and managing the email marketing channel from idea generation to execution to post-campaign analysis; combining strategic, long-term planning along with daily execution
- Leveraging our ESP to develop transactional, promotional, and informational content strategies that drive users to Grammarly.com, utilizing email best practices and ensuring CAN-SPAM compliance
- Conceiving, executing, and assessing performance of A/B and multivariate tests, and constantly iterating emails based on findings to maximize campaign performance
- Working with the creative department to conceptualize, design, and implement effective email templates and landing pages
- Collaborating with a copywriter (when needed) to produce compelling messaging
- Analyzing key performance metrics, such as open rates, unsubscribes, spam reports, CTRs, conversion rates, engagement, and user retention
- A clear understanding of business concepts and complete knowledge of performance marketing metrics, as well as strong expertise in A/B testing and ROI analysis
- Exceptional written and verbal communication (especially important given our widely distributed team), including strong grammar and writing skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, parallel projects and manage cross-functional teams, deliver exceptional results, and overcome challenges
- Experience in online marketing and a working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel (preferable)
- 2+ years experience in online marketing (preferable)
Goodies we provide:
- competitive compensation, plus benefits
- a meritocracy that rewards exceptional achievements
- creative freedom and room for professional growth
We love people who are open, honest, kind, cheerful and have a decent sense of humor.
If you are interested, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.