As a part of our growing communications team, the communications manager will work closely with executives and team members to co-create, communicate, and execute Grammarly’s communications plan. With poise and charisma, the communications manager must accurately and unerringly communicate Grammarly’s key messages to a diverse audience.
Grammarly’s communications manager will provide public relations support for the communications team, including writing and proofreading promotional materials, conducting research, and assisting with media outreach. We’ll also rely on you to conceive interesting story ideas and bring them to fruition—whether interviewing a customer about a unique experience or analyzing data on the most common grammar mistakes.
The ideal candidate is a productive, proactive team player with strong written and verbal communication skills, unimpaired attention to detail, and an engaging writing style.
Meet your future colleague
Allison VanNestDirector of Public Relations
As the Director of Public Relations, I am responsible for sharing Grammarly’s most compelling projects with a variety of audiences. From speaking with the press about the company’s technical innovations, to interviewing customers about how Grammarly has helped to improve their writing, to compiling data on the most common grammar mistakes, you can find me documenting Grammarly’s most interesting stories and retelling them to everyone who will listen.
Overall responsibilities include the following:
- Working with the communications team to craft and implement communications strategies and media outreach campaigns
- Understanding and interpreting information—helping the team to compile, evaluate and pitch internal data on an ongoing basis
- Writing fluently and often, including press releases, articles, feature stories, tip sheets, media pitches, and other content as necessary
- Compiling monthly status reports on Grammarly’s traction in both traditional media and social media
- Tracking industry award opportunities and create winning submissions
- Tracking possible speaking/event opportunities for Grammarly and its executive team, preparing abstracts and presentations as necessary
- Conducting interviews with existing Grammarly users, and drafting case studies and other marketing collateral
- Managing media contacts, coordinate interviews, and produce supporting collateral such as briefing pages for our executive team
- Be a fast, accurate, creative, and prolific writer
- Have a solid understanding of messaging and how to execute it with words, images, and graphics (a great storyteller!)
- Think strategically, creatively, and critically
- Successfully manage multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Works well independently and collaboratively
- Be comfortable in a noisy, fast-paced startup environment
- Have at least three years of experience working with consumer brands in a PR agency
- Have a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or similar discipline
Goodies we provide:
- A meritocracy that rewards exceptional achievements
- Creative freedom and room for professional growth
- Competitive compensation, plus benefits
- Please email your resume to email@example.com.
- Please research our product/website before applying, and include some ideas in a cover letter.