Incorect use of prepositions
What is incorect use of prepositions? Can you give me some examples?
Examples of Incorrect prepositions
1. I tried to interrupt into their conversation but was told on.
2. It is important to take pride of whatever we do on life.
3. I left home at Sunday morning to catch a flight for England.
4. He was scolded from the teacher for failing to pass the test.
5. For all that excitement. I had forgotten to take my present for him.
6. My parents are not in good terms so we tried to patch things on.
7. I accused her with stealing my wallet but she insisted about her innocence.
8. I sympathize for you over your mother's death.
9. He is one of the best players of Singapore and he takes pride of it.
10. In ten o'clock in the morning. I went to the beach to catch fish by my net.
1. I tried to interrupt their conversation but was told off.
2. It is important to take pride in whatever we do in life.
3. I left home on Sunday morning to catch a flight to England.
4. He was scolded by the teacher for failing to pass the test.
5. In all that excitement, I had forgotten to take my present from him.
6. My parents are not on good terms so we tried to patch things up.
7. I accused her of stealing my wallet but she insisted on her innocence.
8. I sympathize with you over your mother's death.
9. He is one of the best players in Singapore and he takes pride in it.
10. At ten o'clock in the morning. I went to the beach to catch fish with my net.
|link comment||answered Apr 30 '12 at 13:31 sanjay Expert|
The only way to master preposition is by solving as many exercises as possible.
There are no short cuts to understand the nuances of prepositions. Why don't try these exercises on your own and post it on the forum for the correction. All experts will do the required corrections.
1. The guests stood up ______ the arrival of the guest of honor.
A) before (B) with (C) upon (D) after
2.The cat leapt ______ the wall in fright when it heard the loud bang. A)after (B) onto (C) up (D) on
3. We have been up ______ four o'clock in the morning to watch the sunrise. (A) at
(B) for (C) since (D) by
4.The river flowing ______ the village divided it into two parts. (A) along (B) below
(C) through (D) by
5. The old man was living ______ himself when the accident happened.
(A) with (B) on (C) at (D) by
6.Jill was badly injured when her car crashed ______ the tree last night.
(A) against (B) through (C) along (D) into
7. Henry and Sam traveled around Mexico ______ foot.
(A) by (B) with (C) on (D) through
8. Didi laughs ______ a hyena; it makes us all start to laugh too.
(A) as (B) with (C) by (D) like
|link||edited Apr 30 '12 at 12:55 sanjay Expert|
Hero of the day
Person voted on the most questions.