Hi. What do we say when sb is making noise by playing with his/her pen in the class and we want to ask him/her stop doing so?

idiom asked Jan 28 '14 at 19:09 Javadsh New member

1 answer


There are many ways, such as "Please stop." Since you put the tag "idiom" with your question, I'll put on my mind reader hat and guess that you are looking for, "Knock it off!" But that is not as polite.

link comment answered Jan 29 '14 at 12:51 Patty T Grammarly Fellow

Your answer

Write at least 20 characters

Have a question about English grammar, style or vocabulary use? Ask now to get help from Grammarly experts for FREE.