Pottery baking?


Is it correct to say that pottery is baked, or there is a better way of saying that in English? I know that pottery is actually manufactured by baking it in an oven but I'm not sure if this is the correct terminology! (I'm translating an archaeological scientific paper to English, so it is very important that I use the correct scientific terminology)



asked Aug 04 '11 at 13:54 Tamara Tomic New member

1 answer


I believe that pottery is fired, rather than baked.  If you look up "pottery" on Wikipedia, that is the term used throughout the page - including the sections on History and Archeaology.

link answered Aug 05 '11 at 02:33 Patty T Grammarly Fellow

Thank you! Tamara TomicAug 05 '11 at 22:49

add comment

Your answer

Write at least 20 characters

Have a question about English grammar, style or vocabulary use? Ask now to get help from Grammarly experts for FREE.