should i repharse


please answer

See example:

Many years ago I came to America from the Caribbean ,where the education system is ridged, much different than in America.
asked Jan 21 '13 at 16:10 kathleen Silver New member

1 answer


The word you want to use is 'rigid', meaning unbending. You need a comma after 'many years ago'. I would change the final part to read more smoothly. I also eliminated the second use of 'America'.


Many years ago, I came to America from the Caribbean, where the education system is more rigid than it is here.

link comment answered Jan 21 '13 at 16:44 Lewis Neidhardt Grammarly Fellow

Your answer

Write at least 20 characters

Have a question about English grammar, style or vocabulary use? Ask now to get help from Grammarly experts for FREE.